Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Joy


Joy is in the Bible 242 times. It's a very biblical language type of word. We don't really use it anymore. Other words used by the dictionary for joy delight,happiness,intense, elation, ecstatic and many more. But Joy isn't simply happiness, it's deeper and more solid. Nehemiah 8: 10 acclaims: 'This day is sacred to our Lord. Do not grieve, for the joy of the LORD is your strength." Think back:When have you ever felt pure joy? Joy flows from Love. Our Joy in Lord flows from the freedom he has given us through his love.Joy also flows from the sense of purpose God gives us and the fact that whatever happens we our his children and as it says in Romans 8 'Nothing can separate from His Love'

A crazy thought is the truth that God finds great joy in us. He feels joy over us:
Hebrews 12:2:
" Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart."
So we have Joy in his Joy for us. Jesus endured the cross because of his joy in us, His joy in forgiving us.
So simply enjoy the joy of the Lord and give him joy knowing that he takes great joy in you.It's a beautiful cycle of joy!

Pray:

A prayer of Joy

Lord Jesus, keep me abiding in you so that your joy may be in me and that my joy may be full. (John 15:11)

Lord, turn my sorrow into joy. (John 16:20)

Lord, cause my heart to rejoice, and my joy let no one take from me. (John 16:22)

Lord, teach me to ask and receive, that my joy may be full. (John 16:24)

LORD, you are my strength and my song; you also have become my salvation. Therefore with joy let me draw water from the wells of salvation. Your joy is my strength. You are my joy and my strength. Let me know you in this way. (Is. 12:2,3; Neh. 8:10)

God, you are my exceeding joy! (Ps. 43:4)

Lord, make me to rejoice in you always! (Php. 4:4)

Father God, show me the path of life. In your presence is fullness of joy, and at your right hand are pleasures for evermore. Let me experience everything in your presence and what is found at your right hand. (Ps. 16:11)

AMEN

No comments: